Did you know an ‘old fashioned’ got its name because it was one of the first widely known cocktails? This iconic, fancy cocktail is still just as trendy today as it was hundreds of years ago…and with good reason.
This sophisticated old fashioned recipe has just the touch of class with the right amount of heat to make this cocktail even spicier and even more delicious. Enjoy sipping on our Candied Jalapeno Old Fashioned when you’re feeling a little fancy or even on a cold, winter night. Regardless of where you enjoy it or who you enjoy it with, this recipe is guaranteed to light your heart on fire.
Candied Jalapeno Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
You will need:
2 oz Bourbon Whiskey; we used our new Woodford Reserve from the 2023 Kentucky Derby
1 oz Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapeno Cocktail Mix
1 oz water
½ oz orange juice
Garnish: Sliced orange peel (optional)
Cocktail Shaker (optional)
Glass: Lowball (Old Fashioned)
- Slice the outside of an orange peel; set aside.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze fresh orange juice into a separate cup or the shaker.
- Fill the lowball glass with ice cubes about ¾ of the way.
- Pour Bourbon Whiskey over ice (or in shaker with the orange juice and shake).
- Then add fresh orange juice and candied jalapeno cocktail mix; stir.
- Garnish with sliced orange peel.
Enjoy this Old Fashioned cocktail with an extra kick of flavor to spice it up a notch!