Chicken Salad is a versatile dish that is perfect for lunch or entertaining for a special event. There are so many variations, which always makes this dish a fun surprise when someone else makes it for you. Common ingredients used in a chicken salad include mayo, mustard, pickles, onion, celery, cranberries, apples, almonds, bacon bits, and so much more!
After experimenting with many different varieties, we have learned that simplicity is best when it comes to chicken salad. Too many flavor components can result in a confused palette with flavorful ingredients that get overshadowed by others.
We prefer our chicken salad made with only a few ingredients – mayo, S & P, celery, and Gesus Palomino candied jalapenos as the star. This chicken salad is guaranteed to be memorable for anyone who tries it!
Chicken Salad with Candied Jalapenos
- 3 *cooked* chicken breasts – great way to use those leftovers!
- 2 tbsp mayo of preference – we enjoy Duke’s or Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread or sandwich roll of choice
- Arugula, optional
- Tomato, optional
- Chop or shred your chicken breast leftovers and place into mixing bowl
- Add mayo, candied jalapenos, celery, and salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add chicken salad mixture onto your bread or sandwich roll of choice and spread out.
- Top with arugula and fresh tomato
- Serve with your favorite sides such as sliced cucumbers and a dill pickle.
*For additional flavor, marinade the chicken before cooking it in Gesus Palomino Marinade and Cocktail mix