Chicken tenders are the ultimate finger food that nearly everyone enjoys and most likely the number one dish that kids order at a restaurant. In fact, it’s practically impossible to bypass a bite (or three!) when the server brings a plate full of crispy tenders to the table.
If you’re a fan of chicken tenders like we are, we have a recipe that will ‘wow’ your entire family, even your kids! Our candied jalapeno chicken tenders are juicy and full of flavor, thanks to our Gesus Palomino Marinade and Cocktail Mix.
They’re incredibly easy and quick to make too! Once marinated, these tenders are ready in less than 30 minutes, requiring minimal prep and hardly any cleaning! But best of all, they will make everyone say the cheesy phrase - ‘winner, winner, chicken dinner!’
Candied Jalapeno Chicken Tenders
- 1 package Chicken tenderloins, or chicken breasts cut into 1-2 inch strips
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 1/3 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/3 c. Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapeno Marinade & Cocktail Mix
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning, or can use 1/2 tbsp of oregano, basil, and parsley each
- Garlic powder optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Top with Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos (for added flavor)
- Pam Spray
- Marinate chicken strips in marinade for 30 mins or so.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Add grated parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder (if using), and salt and pepper to the bowl with breadcrumbs. Stir.
- Prepare each chicken strip:
- Dip each strip into the flour bowl and cover it on all sides.
- Dip each strip into the egg bowl and cover it on all sides.
- Dip each strip into the breadcrumb bowl and cover it on all sides.
- Set strips aside on a plate until you have finished preparing all of them.
- Before placing each piece into the air fryer, spray pam on all sides of the chicken so they will get crispy, and then place in the air fryer basket. About 4-6 strips should fit in each basket (depending on the size of your air fryer) so they can be evenly cooked; you may need to cook multiple batches depending on the amount.
- Pre-heat air fryer until it reaches 400 degrees; 5 mins should be plenty.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 6 minutes, then flip chicken tenders over, and cook for another 6 minutes. Each air fryer brand is different and may need a shorter or longer cooking time, so just be sure to check on them and see how they are doing – the most important thing is to be sure your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To enhance the flavor even more, top with Gesus Palomino candied jalapenos
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as ranch (if you desire); we enjoy it without sauce so the yummy flavor of the candied jalapeno marinated chicken is more distinct. Although the marinade is only mildly spicy, a creamy sauce like ranch will help disguise the little spice kick with children.