There is nothing better than the smell of fresh burgers on the grill that awaken your senses and make your taste buds sizzle! From graduation celebrations to Memorial Day weekend, May is the official start of grilling season. It’s also National Burger Month, which means you have plenty of excuses to ‘cook out’ and indulge in a big, juicy burger!
The best part about creating a delicious burger is its versatility. Burgers can be stuffed and topped with nearly any hearty, spicy, zesty or crunchy ingredient.
Here’s one of our absolute favorite burgers starring our candied jalapenos that provide just the right amount of a little sweet and a little spice. The combination of the jalapenos and the mozzarella creates a flavor profile unlike any other. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Candied Jalapeno Mozzarella Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef, makes 4 patties
- 2 tbsp Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos (1/2 tablespoon per patty)
- Dice 1/3 of an onion
- Burger rub of choice
- Salt & pepper
- Splash of olive oil
- Package of buns
- Place all items in stainless steel bowl and massage meat until all items are evenly distributed
- Form into 4 patties
- Grill for 4 minutes per side
- After 8 minutes, add shredded mozzarella on top and close grill for 1-2 minutes until melted
- Place patties on buns and top with 1 tbsp (or desired amount) of Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos
- Serve with your favorite sides such as grilled corn on the cob, coleslaw, beans, potato salad, or chips.