Egg salad – either you love it, you despise it or you’re just indifferent about it. We (obviously) love it! For that reason, it is not something we typically serve for a crowd, but it is a dish that we enjoy for lunch! It’s also easy to pack for a picnic or an outdoor lunch at the beach, campsite or on a boat.
Egg salad is also high in protein, which will keep you full for hours, and perfect as a sandwich or in lettuce wraps for a lower carb option. It’s also incredibly easy and quick to prepare, which is always a plus!
If you love egg salad as much as we do, once you try this simple recipe with Gesus Palomino candied jalapenos, you’ll never go back to anything else.
Candied Jalapeno Egg Salad
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 3 tablespoon mayo or 3 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 2 tbsp Gesus Palomino candied jalapenos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium dill pickle, optional
- Bread or lettuce
- Chop up hardboiled eggs; add to a bowl.
- Dice dill pickle, if using; add to bowl.
- Add mayo or avocado, candied jalapenos, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Add egg salad to bread or sandwich roll of choice, or place over top of fresh lettuce.