Steak is always a dad favorite, and this simple, savory recipe for London Broil is guaranteed to make dad feel special on Father’s Day. It also requires minimal effort, and tastes as if you’ve spent hours preparing it!
This London Broil recipe is incredibly tender, and once you add the charred feta cheese and candied jalapenos, it tastes even better than a signature steak dish at a Chicago steakhouse! The candied jalapenos truly enhance the flavor while giving it a little kick of sweet heat.
We will warn you that this London Broil sets the standard very high so be prepared for dad to request it every Father’s Day! :)
- Flank Steak (1 ½ - 2 ½ pounds to serve 4 – 8 people).
- Preferred Cheese of Choice – we prefer feta
- Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos
- Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Place the steak in a baking dish.
- Broil for 3 minutes on each side, then flip to the other side for 3 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let rest for 30 minutes or more until room temp.
- Cut thin slices and layer in a stove-friendly dish.
- Top sliced meat with Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapenos. Select your preferred cheese, if desired.
- Set oven to high broil and cook until cheese starts melting or charring a little bit. Remove from the oven and let rest for a minute.
- Suggested Sides:
- Potatoes of Choice – Garlic Mashed, Baked Potatoes rubbed with Olive Oil and Seat Salt, Scalloped Potatoes
- Wild Rice
- Veggie of Choice – Charred Broccoli, French Green Beans, Roasted Beets, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Salad of Choice – Spring Mix, Caesar Salad, Garden Salad, Arugula Salad